Financial and Asset Management Associate
Overview of the company
Cosime Infrastructure et Énergie inc. (CIE) is specialized in advisory services in infrastructure and renewable energy project financing. We are involved in all the phases of a project’s life cycle, from the development phase to the construction and operation phases of a project. We are also involved in all aspects of the capital structure of projects: equity, preferred shares, subordinated and senior debt of project finance type.
Our clients not only benefit from a cutting-edge expertise in commercial strategy, financing and modelling, but they can also count on us to take charge of the financial management of their projects so they can focus on their core investment or development activities.
The Financial and Asset Management Associate will be involved in all aspects of our different mandates, from modelling and financial analysis to research and implementation of financing, accounting and financial management of projects as well as business development. The Associate will also participate to the internal accounting management of CIE.
Note: Travel may be required.
Transaction analysis and execution
- Conduct projects’ modelling and financial analysis for debt financing, equity investment, refinancing or acquisitions.
- Verify the completeness of the financial models prepared by CIE, clients or other parties to the transaction.
- Conduct sensibility analyses of key inputs, review and validate main assumptions and report the results in a concise and summarized form.
- Perform research and analysis of the key risks associated to the project.
- Liaise with technical consultants and review and summarize associated reports.
- Participate actively in the preparation and presentation of investment papers and recommendations.
- Prepare accounting and cash flow follow-up documents for the projects under management and perform bookkeeping.
- Prepare the quarterly and annual financial statements and manage the audit process.
- Manage the draw-downs on debt or equity during construction as well as debt reimbursements or distributions to investors during operating period of the projects.
- Analyse the North American markets for the infrastructure and renewable energy sectors to identify potential opportunities.
- Follow-up project development of current and potential clients in order to develop targeted service offerings.
- Keep abreast of important industry developments and publications, and share relevant information to the entire team.
Control and administration
- Assist in setting up CIE’s operational systems and management tools required for its financing and management mandates.
- Manage the company’s bookkeeping and accounting.
- Undergraduate degree in commerce or equivalent
- Professional designation: CA and/or CPA required
- Master’s degree in relevant field, an asset
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in accounting, auditing or financial analysis
- Experience in investment or asset management in the infrastructure or energy sector, an asset
- Experience in debt or equity financing, an asset
Knowledge and skills requirements
- Excellent analytical skills, solid accounting and accounting principles know-how
- Financial modelling skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills (written and oral)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team spirit
- Fluency in French and English required
- Willingness to travel abroad
To apply for this position, please contact Fred Bettez at email@example.com